Monday, January 5, 2009

Senator Reid calls Bush a liar - Meet The Press

MR. GREGORY: Before you go, do you have any regrets about the way you have publicly battled with President Bush? Over the years you've called him a liar, a loser, and you've described him as "our worst president ever."

SEN. REID: I wrote a book and I said that in the book several times. David, I am who I am. I'm going to continue being who I am. I think you just have to call things the way you see them. I really do believe that President Bush is the worst president we've ever had. I think his efforts to destroy Social Security were very bad. That brought about one of those statements. I think as we've looked now at what's happened to the stock market, wouldn't that have been an awful thing to do, to privatize Social Security? Medicare, he's done, he's done his very best to destroy Medicare. Medicare, a wonderful program. Perfect? Of course not. But one of the best programs ever developed to take care of sick people. So...

MR. GREGORY: You said that the war is lost. Today, in 2009, that's no longer your view?

SEN. REID: David, listen, someone else will have to determine that as the years go on. What has the war done? It's brought about--it's destabilized the Middle East. We have a civil war going on in Israel. We have a civil war in Iraq, as indicated today, more than 50 people killed with a bomb in Iraq today. We have Lebanon, a civil war there. We have Iran thumbing their nose with every, everyone. And if that weren't bad enough, our standing in the world community is so far down as a result of this war, so--and that doesn't take into consideration the tens of thousands who have been injured...

SEN. REID: ...and the thousands have been killed in the war. So it's, it's--historians will have to talk about what the war in Iraq did. But I think historians today indicate, as I have, the outline that I've given.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032608

No comments: